Saturday, June 27, 2009

a couple things

So much for see you in September. I think I've just become attached to the fact that I have an audience here and that's nice, to know people are out there who care what you say. I think that's why I could never keep a blog before now. I have something to say and someone to say it to. That sentence ended with a preposition but I can't be bothered to fix it. 

Anyways. I was reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and this sentence struck me:
That's the thing about a human life -- there's no control group, no way to ever know how any of us would have turned out if any variables had changed. 
Just never thought of it that way. This book is number 3 on my list and it's pretty good so far. It's been on my shelf for goodness knows how long but I've noticed that I keep reading books when I need to read them, when they mean something more to me. Funny how that works out. 

Oh and congratulations, self, I got my permit again today -- only one wrong, woop. Ugh, I hate driving... But to reward myself, I bought two blank canvases (Aaron Brothers was having a sale!), rented 3 films (Bride & Prejudice, Driving Lessons, and Paris, Je t'aime), aaaand oh wait that's it.

Last thing: while I'm proud of myself for having kept up this blog for the first year, I realise I didn't focus a ton on what I've started to like about Manchester, which I probably should do. Less of school abroad and more of just abroad. I think I'll take a day out next week to pop back in and rack my brain for something, ha. Toodles. 

1 comment:

Julia-Megumi said...

I'm listening!...er, reading? Yeah.

Congrats on permit! (I don't have my license yet either because, like you, I am awesome)

Also: Bride&Prejudice = goodgoodgood