----
Wednesday, in short, was a series of rushed events. I woke up early to go to a First Year Neuroscience Yearly Review meeting with our programme director, who I absolutely love now. He's just so cool and awesome and sweet and I wish he could be my tutor. But anyways. So there was that little fun meeting, during which my friend Bernard (of the student talent show fame) told me he was playing a small set at Fallowfest later that day. Fallowfest is usually a little festival concert type thing that goes down in the student hub of Manchester but had been cancelled that year for whatever reason (technicalities, security reasons, etc etc) but the students decided to hold one anyways. Instead of having it be a big gig of sorts, they just had a whole bunch of different people playing in different pubs all around Fallowfield. So Bernard was playing at Trof at 5pm and I told him I'll see what I can do.
Afterwards, I met up with Anisah to go on a long-planned shopping trip which turned into a complete fail. We hit every store we planned and came out with nothing. We were completely dead tired by the end of it and had nothing so show for it. We tried on jeans after jeans after jeans, practically peeling them off because THERE ARE NO JEANS IN MANCHESTER THAT FIT US / AREN'T SKINTIGHT. It was ridiculous and we were not impressed. The only thing I recall buying was a 98p pair of 80s sunglasses and black t-shirts from Primark for the UV party the next night. During this shopping trip, I told Anisah about Bernard's thing and we decided it would be a fun little adventure to go. So at 4.45pm we set off to Fallowfield, got there about 10 past 5, got off the bus only to realise we didn't actually know Fallowfield well at all and had no idea where Trof was. So I called a resident Fallowfielder and we eventually found our way to Trof, hesitated at the door, were encouraged by the sound of music trailing from upstairs and went in. We went up and Bernard was playing on the teeny stage with some girl so we wedged ourselves into a corner, only to turn around to hear Bernard say he's off, put down his guitar, and walk off stage. Seriously, our timing was amazing. So we left but as we were walking out, Bernard caught me for a hug and thanked for me coming. I'm still laughing that he thought I'd been there the whole time.
So, laughing at this sad turn of events, we made our way back to Gabs to quickly get ready for the Leavers' Dinner, the last formal dinner to say goodbye and all that. It was pretty crap, not gonna lie. We couldn't wait to get out and get ready for the last grand event of the night, the last Writing Society's open mic night. So we got ready and off we went, Anisah, Zhara, and I, to Sandbar for a little poetry and short stories. It was a really good low key night, not too many people were there as it was the last day of exams and most people were probably out somewhere getting pissed. But it was a good night. I said goodbye to my California friend (who yelled CALI FOR NEYE AYYYY both times I went up to read). I wrote my email on the back of his hand but he seemed pretty tipsy at that point and probably only went on to get drunker and therefore, I'm not surprised to have not heard from him at all. Ah, well.
Then off we went, back to Gabs to collapse in our beds after our long, long day. It was just such a good day, spending the whole time with Anisah and walking around everywhere and getting lost and just having the whole day packed with things to do and places to see. It was a good runner up for what we expected for our weekend at Oxford, which was to be nothing short of amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment