It's a little weird to be back if only because my life runs on England time and now I can't watch the cricket matches (Pakistan for the win, whatwhat?) or sit and watch Arrested Development with Becca or whatever. So I've turned on BBC Radio 1 online except that it's the late night show which is all techno/trance/dance/electronic and I'll have to work out the times for the Chris Moyles / Scott Mills shows -- these are the shows I've been recommended to listen to by my English gurus. But anyways.
Exams. Exams were alright. The first one, psychology, I sped through in 45 minutes out of 2 hours and I felt pretty confident about it. I had two weeks to study for it and it was all the same stuff I'd learned in AP Psych so that wasn't bad. Molecules to Cells was a little more difficult so I hope that went well. After that I had a day and a half to study for both my history and pharmacology exams. History went ... worse than expected and I don't have high expectations for it but whatever. Then Drugs: Molecules to Man, which I thought was going to be absolutely horrendous, was actually way way way easier than I expected. I don't know if that's a good sign that I was prepared or bad that I got everything entirely screwed up. Then last was Excitable Cells which was just alright. I hope I passed everything, ha.
After exams, we neuroscientists met up for a small picnic and I did a lot of lounging around and not doing anything which was awesome. Then came the epic Wednesday (see below). Then on Thursday, Slems hosted a UV light party which was pretty dang fun and colourful and here are some blurry pictures stolen off someone's facebook:
We left the partay not too late as we had to get some sleep before our grand adventure to Oxford the next day. Also, we had to say goodbye to Amina as she was leaving the next night so off went went back to Gabs, forcing ourselves into bed to pretend like we could get some decent sleep before the next morning...





1 comment:
you neuroscience kids are way too cool.
Post a Comment