Tuesday, May 5, 2009

whew

I am finally mentally free! For now.

I've just finished the most horrendous piece of work I've done in my life ever -- bar my AP Euro exam -- which materialized itself in the form of my lab write-up. It was disgusting and I never want to think of it again ... until I have to do several more of them next year.

I celebrated by doing absolutely nothing today, after going to a lecture and then handing in my assignment. I just roamed campus with my friends, promoting our week of fundraising for Children in Conflict. We went around everywhere, every cafe, every lounge, every whatever, asking for loose change, handing out flyers, and just hanging out. Then I went to the writing society meeting which was excellent as always and tonight, we're off to the Slems pub quiz.

A quick note: I've submitted a couple old pieces to the writing soc's first collab mag thing and hopefully a couple will go through! One of the girls on the editing committee told me she had been hoping I'd submit a particular piece (Kindergarten, of course) which made me smile and she says she's pushing to have it put in. Also, I'm reading The Virgin Suicides which Anisah bought me for my birthday. I think I'll be putting off The Savage Detectives until I can sit in some sunny grass barefoot to read it. And Becca and I are definitely on to Dr Who season two with our beloved Tennant -- it's amazing. Lastly, Kanye's 808s & Heartbreaks is GLORY and I am also currently obsessed with 3OH!3 for whatever reason. They've been playing in my head all day ... 

"I said, shush girl
shut your lips --
do the Helen Keller
and talk with your hips."

Much recapping of the past couple weeks to come ... 

No comments: