Tuesday, December 8, 2009

liverpool & yusuf

Four points:

a) I love my dad wayyyy wayyy wayyyyyyyy beyond anything and everything.

b) I absolutely LOVE LIVERPOOL. Sans the Scouse accents, of course. I loved Liverpool more in less time than it's taken me to even start to LIKE Manchester. It's exactly the kind of "trendy" but practical and sufficient small city I'd want to live in. Everything within walking distance, a history can you see right there on its cobbled streets, cute unique shops NOT devoid of throngs of people. It's the kind of city I wish I'd grown up in so that I could have made it my own, know the ins and outs and places to go, things to see. Kat gave us a thoroughly excellent walking tour of Liverpool and it was beautiful.

c) I SAW A BANKSY IN REAL LIFE. Do you know what that means? I've actually fulfilled one of my life dreams. It seems silly but Banksy's are often taken down within weeks of their initial appearances and I wouldn't know where to find them but lo and behold, as we were strolling down a street past Chinatown (I think?) in Liverpool, Kat nonchalantly points to a building on the corner and says, "Oh and that's a Banksy.." and I, gasping in excitement, whipped my head around to see this:


and it made my heart smile.

and d) Cat Stevens / Yusuf is officially one of my all-time favourite musicians in all aspects of his music, his life, his mind, his love, everything. I'd have to put him up there with role models and heroes and the like. He is simply brilliant and I love him. Too amazing for words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me smile so much =D xxxx