Homehomehomehomehome. :)
... although, it's more than odd that my dad isn't here, but he'll be here in a few weeks for a short visit.
The flight to Frankfurt was pretty swell because no one flies out or into Abu Dhabi except for my family, apparently. The plane is always empty so we move around and take up at least 4 seats to sleep on. I spent the first few hours watching Hannah Montana: The Movie (oh yes I did) and Tale of Desperaux. The former, I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed, namely because a) I coveted her boots the entire movie and was staring at them for a great long while (whenever they were on screen, which, thankfully, was a lot) so I could burn their image into my head for future shopping reference, b) that boy is FOINE, and c) I swear to all things good and great and beautiful and ordinary that our very own Tyler Wheaties had a cameo. DON'T EVEN TRY TO DENY IT, TYLER, YOU WERE THERE. I SAW YOU. Stalking Hannah, of course. Shame on you. Tale of Desperaux was alright, short and sweet and made me want to adopt a teeny little mouse with giant ears. A trip down to Petco should do the trick.
The flight to Los Angeles was horrific, stuffed from nose to tail with smelly humans (although flying out of Germany -- well, flying out of ANY European country is always pretty swell because there are so many pretty people to look at). And every child under the age of 3 was seated in my cabin. If you ever wanted anything to put you off children, make you want them again, and then curse the day babies were invented, it was that flight. But anyways.
We arrived, brother picked us up, and away we went, rented a few movies, started watching Star Wars Episode V and slowly succumbed to jetlag at around 7pm, woke up at midnight to some argument my brother and mom were having, fell back asleep, woke up at 5am and have been up since. My sister was up too so we watched "the Thief Lord" because she'd just read it and I read it ages ago and it was a good book and a pretty good movie to go along side it.
Now I've sat down to make a list of things I need to do asap and holy crap that list is massive and it is staring at me and oh dear. Also, it doesn't help that my laptop is the only computer in the house not connecting to the wireless. Actually, it's worse than that because it's connecting and then telling me it's not connected. Sigh. So I'm on my old desktop which is sadly outdated and all the websites come up wrong and the keyboard is like trying to type on rocks stuck in gelatin and rawr.
Anyways. Better get on that list. I'm reading Proust was a Neuroscientist, for realz this time, and I'm loving it. I want to finish it by the end of the day so I can read the rest of my giant booklist (it's what takes up most of my to-do list, duh) and then I want to see if my mom wants to see 'Julie & Julia' tonight after iftar. Oh and, I'm trying to shift this over to a tumblr (noorinmanc.tumblr.com) but due to this unfortunate internet situation, it's going to be a while. I'll still post to here but it'll be imported there because I like tumblr better, really.
It's been nice being back in the same timezone as mostly everyone. seeeeeeeya.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
nonononono.no.
No.
Post a Comment