Sunday, March 22, 2009

windermere

Today, or yesterday as it's past midnight, Amina and I took a trip with the International Society to Windermere in the Lake District. It's the biggest lake in England amidst a cute little town that we got to roam for the day. There's not much else to say except that I want to live there because it's gorgeous and lovely. And that the guy who welcomes everyone on tour buses clearly thinks foreigners are retarded. 

HEL-LO. MY NAME. IS. PHIL-LIP. I AM. FROM SCOT-LAND. THIS *holds up sign* IS THE BIG BOAT. IT IS. THE BLUE BOAT.

Sigh. Amina and I could not stop laughing. All day we just kept quoting, HEL-LO. MY NAME. IS PHIL-LIP. Priceless.


We were waiting for our tourboat to arrive ... 

... so we made enemies with a swan.

And admired the diving capabilities of this funny looking duck.

Then our boat arrived ...

... and off we went!


I made peanut butter & nutella sammiches to sustain us.

We had fish&chips afterwards anyways.

Then we took a walk around town.




Spring in England is so pretty! There are daffodils all over the place.

Then we stopped for some ice cream. 


And we sat on a bench to consume said ice cream and read and admire the view.

Then we walked around in the other direction.

We saw some trees.


And some dead people.



No comments: