I miss my mom. I'm trying to push her to apply for a UK visa so she can visit me on my birthday, which is over easter break. So far, she's yet to comply but maybe if I keep up the pestering...
Friday, February 20, 2009
oscars
I've just realized the Oscars are this weekend and I won't be home for them. I'm not usually one to watch the Oscars but over the last few years there's been this routine of my mom calling me from the living room, waiting for me to trudge over, patting the couch next to her with a cutesy smile asking me to watch the Oscars with her. I'll roll my eyes and say I have homework but she'll tell me to bring it and watch it with her anyways. I'd shake my head and sigh but oblige nonetheless. Not this year. Which lets the spindles of homesickness creep over me just a bit more than usual. It's these small things that make the difference, you know? She did this over winter break, while I was studying for exams, and pulled me out of my room to watch the Golden Globes. My dad gave me stern looks from the kitchen table, asking, 'Shouldn't you be studying?'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment