Wednesday, February 4, 2009

anisah, krupa & sorina

There are a few introductions I've yet to make for no reason, really, except that these people fit into my life so subtilely  that it didn't occur to me that I need to make a big fanfare of it. But, as it were:


Sorina is my next door neighbour. She's from Romania and is the cutest sweetest person I know. She's super smart and creative and fun and colourful and adventurous and funny. I adore her, everyone does. 


Then there's Krupa who lives down the corridor. She's a hardcore Indian via Kenya. She's the sportsy one of us all and is also our mom. She's the tiniest one of us too but she could probably beat us all up at once if she tried. She is also an amazing amazing cook and our Resident Indian (because Aamna isn't Indian enough). Hopefully hopefully hopefully Krupa will be living with me in Flat 1 of Woodthorpe* and I shall get loads and loads of her delicious cooking next year.


And lastly but not leastly is Anisah. Anisah is from around Manchester and sort of the most recent to become really good friends with us all. I mean, she's always been our friend -- mainly Krupa's -- but now she's more of a fully integrated part of our group. And I am absolutely in love with her. She studies straight Latin and is beautiful and awesome and fun and funny and pretty much shares my brain. It was like we suddenly had a revelation that we were meant to be together and here we are. And she loves Oxford. And art. And all things gorgeous. I am so so so happy to have truly met Anisah because she has a special place in my life. She really does. We're going to have a day of art when we go buy canvas, set up shop and paint all day. Asjigdsfjgkjhdf, I love Anisah!

So yeah. Those are the newest three most important people in my life right now to add on to my long long list of lovers. I really enjoy knowing the people that I do. They make my daily life so much better than it usually is.

* 25Feb update: Woodthorpe is the flats that are part of our halls but semi-detached-ish. Me, Amina, and Krupa plan to lodge in Flat 1 and although we, as second years, will have preference, we'll have even more preference if we're on the JCR Committee. So each of us is running for a post - me, secretary; Krupa; sports secretary; Amina, treasurer. I am currently running unopposed so fingers crossed I'll win, but we'll have to wait and see! And hopefully the other two will also win their positions so then we can all live together!**
** Aamna, Becca, Kat, and Anisah are all moving out to some flats across the road since they are home students and are not guaranteed a place in University accommodation, as we international students are. We'll probably invade their flat at any and all times. Should be fun.

No comments: