Friday, October 9, 2009

shake that!

A couple days ago, my friend told me about this milkshake place that does pretty much every flavour ever and is basically Manchester's Moo Moo (Oxford reference, woo). I forgot about it until last night when Anisah and I were waiting for the queue to start for our Joshua Radin gig and I wanted to get something to munch on. I remembered this milkshake place so we went in search of it and found it right next to a place we'd just gone earlier that week AND WE SWEAR IT WAS NOT THERE BEFORE. It's like the Room of Requirement, seriously. But it was closed so we had to peek in through the windows and it looked so cute! So we made a date for the next afternoon whenever I had a break to come get milkshakes.

She ended up telling Kat and Becca and Mike (have I mentioned Mike ever? He's some loser who tags alo-- just kidding. He's a friend. We only like him for his N64 though.) too so they decided to meet up with us.

We walked in to this teeny little milkshake shop and were met with tall red stools and a teeny counter in front of a whole wall of ingredients and mix-ins and whatnot. It was amazing. I even told the guy at the counter that it was the most beautiful menu I've ever seen in my life. Shake That! is definitely one of those places I would take you to if you came to visit. SCORE.


We decided we're going to go there pretty much every week and go through the whole list one by one and save our cups because they write the flavour on the cups until we have a whole wall of cups that matches the wall of written flavours.

This time I got Twix and as I was drinking it, the cap popped off in front and just dribbled into my sleeve. Yeah. I'm pretty smooth like that. As I was struggling to get it out, Becca chirps up with a "Why aren't we filming this?"


Sigh. Anisah was saying how things like that always happen to her so I responded that when she's around me, I have a greater gravitational pull to these kind of situations. At the part were I turn around to look at someone off camera, the guy at the counter was just asking us if we were all enjoying our milkshakes and I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. He didn't notice my sleeve.

Other than that wonderful moment, my day kind of just dragged along. I feel like I'm behind on so many things but there's nothing to even be behind on. I need to make a large to-do list so I can attack it and scratch things off to make me feel productive.

Oh! Oh! I saw Joshua Radin last night! (And Thomas J Speight, whom I now adore, and Good Times Good Times, a one man band.) All were delightful and the whole gig was just .. so fantastic. Joshua is amazing and I would definitely go see him again, I really would. Only £9! Some stupid girl was in front of me moving around taking pictures with her fancy shmancy Canon Rebel (I say this out of envy..) but she wasn't even getting good pictures so obviously she just had it to SHOW OFF. She just kept bobbing into my view and all I could see was her stupid big head blocking my Josh & Thomas. Haven't uploaded pictures or video from that yet but will soon.

Sigh. Righto. I should get started on that list. The writing of it, I mean.

shake that! flavours milkshaken: 1

PS Tutorial time's been moved THANK GOODNESS GRACIOUSNESS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would it be fair to say that you had more fun than you could shake a stick at?
[I haven't read the post yet]