I don't know why I always feel the need to use the word 'sitch' for situation but it reminds me of Kim Possible every time.
Back at Gabs but I now live in Woodthorpe, Flat 1, wooooop. I've not taken any pictures yet but there's a pretty one on the website I think. Let me find it.

Kinda small photo but you get the gist. It's cute and pretty. I live on the ground floor although, after last year's basement deal, I would have liked to live somewhere a bit further up. Oh well.
So there are three other ladies living with me, one of whom is a third year Indian-via-Kuwait and lived in the basement too last year except I didn't even know she existed until Aamna said, MEET MY NEIGHBOUR. (I miss Aamna.) And then another Pakistani (I think?) third year who I met a few times last year and she's very sweet. The last resident is a first year from Taiwan who seems really cool so far. She knocked on my door the other day when I'd finally moved in so that was nice of her.
Speaking of moving in, I've sorted out storage and got my stuff back but I definitely had to pay an extortionate amount on the taxi. The cab driver was really nice and gave me a student discount even though I didn't have the proper card for it and he spent the whole of the drive feeling bad that I had to pay to get my storage and telling me his heart cries for Palestine and that we're both Muslim so we're chill. I'm likethis with my cab drivers, wootwoot. And he helped me carry and move all my boxes so I gave him a big tip. Which kind of defeats the purpose of him giving me a discount but whatever, I was feeling generous.
ANYWAYS. So now I have all my stuff and I can finally get to settling in properly. Tomorrow is hopefully still the IKEA trip so that'll be helpful.
Did some more PASS volunteering, took a tour around the "Experimental Grounds" or "Botanical Grounds" which I didn't even know existed at the University until I signed up to lead the tour. Good job. Luckily, I was with another PASS leader who knew where it was so that worked out. They gave us free plants at the end of the tour, wheyy! Saw a friend, ran back to Gabs, taxi'd to the middle of nowhere to get my storaged, had some dinner, and now I'm here. Anisah and Becca want to go out to Slems tonight for their "beach party" and they'll kill me if I don't go so I guess that's what I'm doing tonight. Amina is back! In Manchester that is but I've not seen her yet and I really really want tooooo!
Last night was fun, I guess. I met a guy named Tiberius. No joke. Another guy cut his head open and dropped blood all over the place and I'm pretty sure he has every STD known to mankind so I hope we don't die due to exposure. Typical Slems-involved party. Including the bit where every time this guy would walk by, Anisah would yell 'PHIL!' because she honestly thought that was his name and the third time she'd done it, he turned around and yelled, "WHO'S PHIL? YOU KEEP CALLING PHIL BUT I'M JUST SO CONFUSED." Turns out his name is Josh and he's pretty swell.
Anisah and Becca have just come for a visit and party-dragging-to (what?) so I'll get back to you LAYTAH.
----
LAYTAH: What really sucks about this year's housing deal is that I'm not actually living with any of my friends. And the food is crap. And even though Anisah and Becca and Kat are a short walk across the road, that space makes all the difference. Instead of running down the corridor or up a few flights of stairs, I've actually got to go out and go across the way to see them all. And since we're all busy on our own schedules, even in the last three days, I've felt a massive lack of them in my life already. And Amina is all the way down on the other end of university which is simply ridiculous. I'm very very frustrated with how these things turned out this year and I think it's just one more setback that I have to push through to make uni some good years. I really didn't need any more setbacks, but I guess someone thinks I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment