Friday, December 19, 2008

a basement christmas

I would simply like to share a bit of Christmas cheer from the Basement Crew because we are awesome and so is this snowman:


We then added in my laptop, which has a crackling candy corn fireplace display screensaver, and played Christmas music in the background.


Unfortunately, the judges who said they would be there in 5 minutes were not there ever until the next afternoon by which time I had of course removed my laptop from it's public display since I like it and want to keep it. 

Then we have this on the wall, which I overheard the cleaning ladies trying to read one morning:


The other half:


The rest of it:


This decorating turned into an all-out basement partay which was fun because we never hangout together during the day like this outside the kitchen.


And this is my door:


And the rest of the hall -- YES that IS a giant paper chain that zigzags down the whole hallway.


And some freaks running down it as well but we can ignore them. 

Unfortunately, the judges could not see the amazingness that is our basement and told us we didn't win because we used sellotape -- they didn't actually say that by they implied it -- when everyone else TOTALLY used sellotape. Our was just more obvious. Lame.

Today was my last day of the first semester, Aamna and Amina left me, but I'm going to Kuwait on Monday!! Can't wait.

Happy Winter slash Christmas slash Holidays!

No comments: