It was a weird drive down Chevy Chase, as I realized that I wouldn't be seeing those roads for about nine months. I felt like I should have been filling up my entire last week doing things, going places, etc I wouldn't be able to do or visit till I came back. It hasn't really settled in though, that I've left there and it will continue to exist even while I'm gone. Doesn't seem like it should.
Nine whole months without my bedroom which I put so much effort into painting. Without my wonderfully soft bed and comforter that did its job so well. Without my organized mess. Without my random things scattered around the room that I've collected for no reason. Without my piles. So here goes.
Goodbye bedroom. I never would have thought it but you were the first to make me cry as I stood in the middle of you for the last time, bags hitched on my back, weighing down my arms. I think it was your walls that did it. Goodbye bed. I got some good use out of you this summer so I hope you feel loved. Goodbye stuff. Sorry dorming/luggage restrictions/human ineptitude make it so that I can't squish you all into a suitcase and bring you here in your entirety. Goodbye house. Goodbye winding roads. Goodbye blue skies. Goodbye summer. Goodbye freeways. Goodbye palm trees. Goodbye familiarity. Goodbye smog. Goodbye driving. Goodbye In'N'Out. Goodbye LAX. Goodbye Los Angeles. Goodbye America. Goodbye continent. Goodbye friends. Goodbye family.
Hello England.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment