I'm under the ten day mark now and to be honest, it's still beyond surreal. The whole concept of me leaving the country, going to the UK -- heck, going to college even -- is just a little too weird. I can't believe it's happening and I probably won't until I actually arrive there. Which is frustrating because I kind of want it to start feeling real already! I can't even picture myself there because I don't know what 'there' looks like...
I haven't even started packing. Although I should. I'm not sure what to take. I really just want to pack my entire room into a little duffel bag and be off. I feel like I have ten days to get my entire life organized here before I can just jet off across the world. Do you know how hard it is to put your life in that kind of perspective? To think, I have ten days to do whatever I need to do here and that's it? When I imagine my life in a calendar, it goes blank on Tuesday, September 16th. From now until then seems like it should be a flurry of activity and movement. And then it stops.
Till then (and probably much further beyond), I am overwhelmed.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i packed the night before I left. Let me know if you do it sooner ; )
Post a Comment