I'm going back on Thursday and it has easily been far too short a time here. This break did not go as expected -- not in a bad way -- starting from day one. It just started unexpectedly and then rushed head on into everything before I'd had the time to recover. So it's been good but far too busy. And once all the busy-ness ended, I suddenly had all this time that I was forced to fill with revision and that's not cool. These exams are going to be a pain in the bum.
In other news, I love California and my friends and Doctor Who which I am fully caught up to now and it broke my heart and pieced it back together before breaking it again and now it's caught in the mending stage hoping I can make it without David Tennant. Sigh. I saved three lives. I decorated sunflower cupcakes. I bought a pretty new journal from Paperchase (mmmmm). Home is the same and yet different, as always. I love Disneyland in December. I don't exactly love the chaos of not knowing what's going down for the next year and beyond but I guess that makes it easier to concentrate on what's going down right now. No need wasting energy worrying, right?
I have some new books, new music (NEED MOAR), and happy thoughts for the time being. Bring on the neuroscience.
2 comments:
I'd say you've been quite productive. Saving lives...making cupcakes...All in a day's work for you? Wow lady!!
That's so funny, smells of oranges and citrus reminds me of picking oranges as a kid as well. We had a huge orange tree in our backyard that became insanely prolific come December, and we would spend long Saturday afternoons picking all of them and bagging them. The bags would fill the houses...we'd make orange juice and orange chicken and give them to everyone as gifts. They were so good, and we never missed one on the tree...little hands are good for getting in between branches.
Smell is so strong in memories. You don't even think about what memory is attached to what smell until you smell something and WHOA it is rushing back. I have some really small, seemingly insignificant memories attached to smells. Others are attached to people, and a couple are even really negative. I can't drink beer because of the smell, it reminds me too much of my dad.
Also, I completely understand about how hard it is to leave. As I get older, I see that I am becoming more and more familiar with two places. It's like I'm becoming more entrenched and uprooted at the same time. I'm torn, absolutely.
Post a Comment