I am not kidding. And I think this has something to do with j(ay?)-walking being allowed here. They should probably rethink that.
And British people only ever run to catch a bus.

There is no English other than British English. Sulfur is spelled with a 'ph,' color has a 'u' in it, and fetus is actually 'foetus.' Most importantly, aluminium = ah-loo-min-EE-um. Anything you have previously learned, any words or spellings you use in "American" English, is wrong. Get it right. (But in my book, the word 'emu' is still open to debate. How would YOU pronounce the ambiguous name of that flightless Australian bird?)
It is always tea time. No matter what point of the day: here, have some tea. We folks down in the basement have taken that time to be 2am. And I wonder why I find it so difficult to wake up for 9am lectures.
But the biggest secret of all, I divulge to you now: There are such thing as nice, amicable British people! Who knew? But don't tell them I told you. They have reputations to uphold.
Oh and they actually have autumn here! Mmmmm.
1 comment:
ee-mew!
Post a Comment